This course is designed for new users of AutoCAD Electrical.
Previous basic knowledge of computers and AutoCAD is required. The course is aimed at Fluid Engineers who have a good understanding of the fluid design process.
This course teaches the production of fluid Schematic Drawings using AutoCAD Electrical. Electrical schematics, pneumatic, hydraulic and P&ID schematics all represent the flow of power and though AutoCAD Electrical is primarily used for electrical schematics the principles are the same for fluid.
With the use of a fluid symbol libraries we can produce fluid schematics in the same manner. Moreover, reports will automatically be generated such as Bill of Materials (in various formats), connection Lists, labels and other associated reports.
During the course, we work up at least one project from a blank starting point, and include during this project the generation of new symbol elements. It is an entirely practical course, with a hands-on-approach and you will be supplied a professional CAD computer to use to complete the course.
Learnt a lot of new tricks and skills in a programme I thought I knew.
Really learnt a lot of new tricks and skills in a programme I thought I knew. Friendly and great information. Really useful tips and will be telling all to come and learn
Jonathan MacDonald - Heyne Tillett Steel
Brilliant course for beginners
Brilliant course for beginners. The Trainer was excellent and very patient. Highly recommended. Will be back for a second course.
Daniel McQuaid - Taylor Maxwell
Note: We normally train on the latest version.
During the course delegates will cover:
Introduction / Overview:
- Introduction to the course
- Overview of AutoCAD® Electrical
- Overview of screen layout including ribbons etc.
Company Standards / Template:
- Defining company and drawing standards
- Creating a new project
- Creating new drawings, including looking at drawing record card information and defining drawing types etc.
- Drawing single & multiple pipes
- Insertion of Symbols
- Numbering of pipes & components
- Defining Installation and Location
- Defining manufacturer and part number information
- Cross referencing of components and pipes
- Ballooning your parts
- Creation of a drawing index
- Insertion of a parts list in your schematic
- Viewing some of the other reports within AutoCAD Electrical
- Organising your project into folders
- Creation of a symbol
- Building the symbol into the Icon Menu
- Creation of a New Part within the Manufacturers Parts Database
- Saving a circuit
AutoCAD Electrical - Fluid Foundation (Pneumatic/Hydraulic/P&ID) Training Course pdf