This course is designed for new users of AutoCAD Electrical.
Previous basic knowledge of computers and AutoCAD is required. The course is aimed at Electrical Engineers who have good understanding of the electrical design process.
This quick start day is intended to get your company up and running with your standards, your requirements and to ensure standardisation across all users or departments* who are using the software.
Learnt a lot of new tricks and skills in a programme I thought I knew.
Really learnt a lot of new tricks and skills in a programme I thought I knew. Friendly and great information. Really useful tips and will be telling all to come and learn
Jonathan MacDonald - Heyne Tillett Steel
Brilliant course for beginners
Brilliant course for beginners. The Trainer was excellent and very patient. Highly recommended. Will be back for a second course.
Daniel McQuaid - Taylor Maxwell
Note: We normally train on the latest version.
During the course delegates will cover:
Create a company or customer standard template border
- To ensure AutoCAD Electrical automatically annotates project and drawing record card information
Create a company standard project
- Including but not limited to drawing contents sheet, bill of materials sheet etc.
Set up wire types
- Defining company standard wire types to ensure standardisation
- Wire size and gauge / wire function
Set up electrical standards in accordance with company and customers existing procedures
- Component numbering methodology
- Wire numbering methodology
- Cross- referencing and how it is displayed
- Schematics or wiring schematics
Copy Project (corporate template projects)
- Ensuring standards are maintained from one job to another
Set up report file formats so they are similar to reports manually produced
Printing and Publishing Designs
AutoCAD Electrical Quick Start - System Setup Training Course pdf