After completing this course delegates will be able to effectively use the range of tools in Navisworks for the following types of tasks:
- Navigation and walk through simulations for client, in house reviews, and project coordination meetings.
- Set up and manage Navisworks NWD, NWF and NWC files for effective coordination with all project stakeholders.
- Create links to external databases such as excel, Microsoft project and primavera among others.
- Creating construction simulations for phasing, site planning, and validation of construction schedules.
- Generate interactive animations for client presentations, marketing demonstrations and services.
- Produce photorealistic stills and animations for quick presentations and effective project/client communications.
- Effectively use the Clash Detective to perform clash tests across multiple file types for project coordination and design review.
- Create Clash Reports for in house review and construction reports.
Before starting this course, students should have a working knowledge of AutoCAD or similar design product. It is also recommended that delegates have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 or newer and know how to navigate the Internet. Please be aware that the full version of Navisworks Manage must be installed before this course.
Learnt a lot of new tricks and skills in a programme I thought I knew.
Really learnt a lot of new tricks and skills in a programme I thought I knew. Friendly and great information. Really useful tips and will be telling all to come and learn
Jonathan MacDonald - Heyne Tillett Steel
Brilliant course for beginners
Brilliant course for beginners. The Trainer was excellent and very patient. Highly recommended. Will be back for a second course.
Daniel McQuaid - Taylor Maxwell
The primary objective of this course is to teach students how to combine 3D geometry from cross disciplines into one scene to enable effective model reviews. Students also learn to use the Clash Detective, TimeLiner, Animator, Scripter and Presenter tools competently within Navisworks.
Note: We normally train on the latest version.
During the course delegates will cover:
- Introduction to Navisworks
- Navigation within Navisworks
- Introduction to Review Tools
- Database Support (Data Tools)
- Comparing Models and SwitchBack
- Navisworks Real-Time Rendering
- Creating Walkthrough
- Introduction to Animator & Scriptor
- Events and Creating and Configuring Actions
- Introduction to Timeliner
- Simulation Export
- Introduction to Clash Detective
- Time-based Clashing and the Clash Detective Report
Autodesk Navisworks Essentials Training Course pdf