Through this one day session we will be exploring some of the limitations of traditional project practices and how we seek to improve on them using a collaborative BIM approach. We will discuss industry drivers, the business benefits and identify potential risks of the absence of a BIM strategy. We also run through the steps needed.
This course clarifies the Building Information Modelling process, highlighting the advantages and pitfalls for people managing and delivering BIM projects.
I learned a lot of useful new skills and I would definitely recommend to colleagues.
Really enjoyed the training, I learned a lot of useful new skills and I would definitely recommend to colleagues. Lovely staff and trainer, great facilities. Thanks!
Tecomak Environmental Services Ltd
Your trainer was as good as ever and the content was great.
Just thought I'd drop you a line regarding the course last week. It was greatly appreciated and many thanks for fitting us in.
Your trainer was as good as ever and the content was great. He seems to look further than just showing people how to use the software and always thinks about the practical end product. A pleasure to work with.
Lee French - Cundall
- A review of current construction design and documentation practices
- A brief introduction to BIM
- The benefits of BIM
- The perceived Risks of BIM
- The government and BIM
- Current industry trends
- Documentation for delivering BIM projects
- The role of the Information Manager
- Understanding ‘level of detail’ and data deliverables
- Completing a BIM protocol and defining project responsibilities
- Collaboration and data exchange