This course teaches the production of electrical Schematic drawings, Single Line drawings, Terminal Plan drawings, Bill of Materials in various formats, Connection List reports and other associated documentation.
During the course, we will create at least one new project from a blank starting point and include within this project the generation of new symbol elements.
The purpose is for the delegate to acquire the knowledge to create an electrical scheme using the tools and objects provide within Elecworks Core.
This is a hands-on practical course; you will have your own computer and will be provided with associated documents to take away.
Previous basic knowledge and experience in working with a computer (mouse, keyboard etc).
A very enjoyable course taught by a very knowledgeable instructor.
A very enjoyable course taught by a very knowledgeable instructor. Learned a lot and the course was delivered at a good pace for our group.
I found your trainer to be very enthusiastic, knowledgeable and above all, an extremely calm and patient person.
I thought that I would take some time out to drop you a brief line and to thank you for sending such an excellent trainer. I found your trainer to be very enthusiastic, knowledgeable and above all, an extremely calm and patient person.
Our group from Trillium completed our three day essentials CAD training course with Cadline yesterday.
I did do some training in CAD when I was at University, but as a straggler then, I did not get the level of support and help I needed from the lecturer who took that course. Consequently, I found that using CAD was very daunting, a stressor and to be avoided at all costs.
Not now though !!
Your trainer is an excellent ambassador for Cadline. I would like him to have recognition for his calm, patient manner, his helpfulness and most of all, for giving me the nudge I needed to overcome my CAD fears...
Well done to you all and thank you once again.
Russell Bennett - Trillium
Note: We normally train on the latest version.
During the course delegates will cover:
- Introduction to the course and hardware
- Overview of elecworks™
- Overview of screen layout including ribbons etc
Company Standards / Templates:
- Defining company and drawing standards
- Creating a new project
- Creating new drawings, including looking at drawing record card information and defining drawing types etc
- Drawing Single phase and Multi-phase wires
- Insertion of Symbols
- Numbering of wires & components
- Defining Function and Location
- Defining manufacturer and part number information
- Setting and numbering of terminals
- Cross referencing of components and equipotentials
Single Line Production:
- Creation of single line, topology, overview drawings from the detailed design
- Cable & harness drawing creation
- Creating typical PLC drawings
- Manipulation of the Terminal Plan
- Report creation
- Customisation of reports
- Assigning revision information
- Organising your project into folders
- Creation of reports into drawings and documents
- Automatic multiple report generation
- Customisation of reports
- Creation of a schematic symbol
- Saving a circuit
- Creation of a New Part within the Manufacturers
- Parts Database
- Importing a DWG Footprint and Assigning
- Creation of a new title block
- Defining ducting and DIN rail
- Automatic insertion of footprints from schematic
- Defining non-schematic components
- Scaling and dimensioning your assembly
Elecworks Foundation Training Course pdf