This course is designed for the new user of elecworks™. It is a prerequisite that your design software and any associated SQL database needs to have been pre-installed and tested. This is to ensure that the agreed Quick Start objectives can be met within the limited time available. Please note, a “remote-access” installation service is available as is an engineering site visit if you prefer.
This Quick Start day is intended to get your company up and running with the standards you require and to ensure standardisation across all users or departments* who are using the software. Our electrical specialist team will:
- Discuss your needs to understand the business and technical goals you are aiming to achieve
- Attend site and work with you to assist in the production of Standards and documents that reflect the identified and agreed needs
- Encourage and support the Elecworks user(s) to become self-sufficient
A very enjoyable course taught by a very knowledgeable instructor.
A very enjoyable course taught by a very knowledgeable instructor. Learned a lot and the course was delivered at a good pace for our group.
I found your trainer to be very enthusiastic, knowledgeable and above all, an extremely calm and patient person.
I thought that I would take some time out to drop you a brief line and to thank you for sending such an excellent trainer. I found your trainer to be very enthusiastic, knowledgeable and above all, an extremely calm and patient person.
Our group from Trillium completed our three day essentials CAD training course with Cadline yesterday.
I did do some training in CAD when I was at University, but as a straggler then, I did not get the level of support and help I needed from the lecturer who took that course. Consequently, I found that using CAD was very daunting, a stressor and to be avoided at all costs.
Not now though !!
Your trainer is an excellent ambassador for Cadline. I would like him to have recognition for his calm, patient manner, his helpfulness and most of all, for giving me the nudge I needed to overcome my CAD fears...
Well done to you all and thank you once again.
Russell Bennett - Trillium
Note: We normally train on the latest version.
During the course delegates will cover:
Create a company, or customer standard template border:
- To ensure elecworks automatically annotates project and drawing record card information
Create a company standard project:
- Including but not limited to drawing contents sheet and Bill of Material sheet etc.
Set up standard wire types:
- Create a wire data base
- Define company standard wire types
- Wire size, gauge, colour and function
Set up electrical standard in accordance with company and customers existing procedures:
- Component numbering methodology
- Wiring numbering methodology
- Cross-referencing and how it is displayed
- Schematics or wiring schemes
Copy Project (corporate templates):
- Ensuring standards are maintained and propagated throughout
Set up reporting formats:
- Set up reports to reproduce those already being used where possible
- Add additional reports to compliment and expand the document set as appropriate to the needs of the business