This course is designed for new users of SQL Server.
No previous SQL Server experience is necessary. However, knowledge of Geospatial software and Structured Query Language is advantageous. It is recommended that delegates have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
The primary objective of this course is to teach users some of the core SQL Server Spatial Database commands available via SQl Server Management Studio (SSMS). Introducing basic SQL through to undertaking spatial analysis and managing your geospatial assets. After completing this course users will be able to:
- Backup and Restore a SQL Spatial Database
- Import different geospatial file formats
- Design and change the Schema of SQL Tables
- Perform common and advanced SQL Queries using the SQL Command Window
- Manage spatial geometry and undertake data maintenance
In this course users learn the commands and techniques for importing, creating, maintaining and querying geospatial data within a SQL Server Database. Using hands-on exercises, users explore basic SQL syntax, through to more complicated advanced SQL queries and spatial analysis.
During the course delegates will cover:
- Overview of SQL Server Management Studio
- Importing Spatial Datasets:
- Backup and Restore a SQL Database
- Working with SQL Table Schemas
- Copy and Delete SQL Tables
- Create Primary and Foreign Keys
- Utilise SQL Commands to Create Tables
- Utilise SQL Commands to Insert Records
- Using SQL to Alter Table Schemas
- Joining SQL Tables using Views
- Perform Common SQL Queries:
- Attribute Queries
- Wildcard Queries
- Numeric Queries
- Geometric Queries
- Undertake Advanced SQL Queries:
- Identify Duplicate Records
- Select and Update Records
- Update Records Across Multiple Tables
- Creating Calculated fields
- Working with Spatial Datasets:
- Identifying and Updating SRIDs
- Finding Geographic Extents of Data
- Creating Spatial Indexes
- Making Geometry Valid
- Identifying and utilising X&Y coordinates
Introduction to SQL Server Spatial Training Course pdf
The above may be varied to suit client’s preferences and requirements
The entire software portfolio is offered on a scheduled, private or customised basis at any of our dedicated training centres in seven locations across the UK.
Each of our training suites is laid out classroom style for a maximum of 6 delegates. This class size ensures that the pace of the course is not adversely affected, learning is maximised and there is enough individual time for everyone with the trainer. Each person will have their own PC with the appropriate course software installed and will be given a copy of any relevant course material.
Lunch and refreshments are provided throughout the course.
On completion of the course you will be presented with an AGI CPD certificate.
Training Centre locations:
The training room itself was perfect for our needs. All in all a very good course.
The trainer was excellent (David Crowther) and he was able to tailor the instruction to suit all of the attendees needs. He answered all of our questions whilst still keeping to the course syllabus. He made us all feel very comfortable and explained everything we needed to know in just the right amount of detail.The course documentation was very good and easy to follow. The training room itself was perfect for our needs. All in all a very good course.
Tony Gunter - Stockport Council