The primary objective of this course is to teach delegates best practice in creating in-place families, component families, and system families. The course will go through the complete process of each introducing the user to the fundamentals as well as some clever tips.
The delegate should have Revit experience in Revit Architecture. It is recommended that delegates have a working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems.
I would have no hesitation in recommending highly either Revit or Cadline.
I would like to express my thanks for the professionalism and service extended to me throughout my involvement with Cadline and most especially the excellent training provided by Cadline, who are extremely knowledgeable about both the product and the practical application of the software. I know these sentiments are fully endorsed by all of the attendees on the course. I would have no hesitation in recommending highly either Revit or Cadline.
roomservice by Cort
Very informative course and delivered excellently. It was a thorough overview of the Revit software and varied processes within it.
Claremont Group Interiors
This course is designed to give the Revit user a good understanding of Revit Families, including best practices and correct creation.
Note: We normally train on the latest version.
During the course delegates will cover:
- An overview of Component and System Families
- Introduction to creating System Families
- Creating in-place families
- Creating component families
- Introduction to Nested families
- Using customised profiles
- Introduction to solids and voids
- Working with Extrusion, Blend, and Sweep
- Working with reference planes and reference points
- Working with Shared Parameter
- Overview of Schedules and families
- Introduction to working with formulas
- Overview of Type Categories
- Working with Constraints
- Best Practices with naming conventions
- Working with Instance and type parameters
- Revit Family types
- Reference Planes & Lines
- Shared Parameters
- Customising & Creating System Families
- Transferal of System Families between projects
- Materials and Fill patterns
- Lineweights and Linetypes
- Roof creation/customisation
- Roof by extrusion
- Templates and categorisation
- Inplace Families
- Titlesheet Creation
- Wall sweeps/reveals and Floor slab edges
- Object Groupings
- Detail Components
- Managing 2D Details
- Naming and storage conventions