This course is designed for new users of Revit MEP.
No previous CAD experience is necessary. However, it is recommended that students have a working knowledge of the following:
- MEP engineering principles.
- Microsoft Windows.
The primary objective of this course is to teach delegates the concepts of building information modelling and introduce the tools for parametric engineering design and documentation using Revit MEP.
This course covers the basics of building information modelling and the tools for parametric MEP systems design and documentation. Delegates will learn the fundamental features of Revit MEP, and then progress through schematic design, system analysis and construction documentation before finishing with design visualisation.
Note: We normally train on the latest version.
During the course delegates will cover:
- Building Information Modelling
- Revit MEP Basics
- Exploring the User Interface
- Working with Revit Elements and Families
- Viewing the Model
- Exploring Views
- Controlling Object Visibility
- Working with Section and Elevation Views
- Working with 3D Views
- Starting a New Project
- Setting Up a Project
- Setting Up View Templates
- Defining Discipline Settings
- Importing Typical DWG™ Details
- Linking a Revit Model
- Coordinating Linked Projects
- Defining Volumes
- Representing Volumes
- Creating Zones
- Building Performance Analysis
- Heating and Cooling Load Calculations
- Defining Heat and Cooling Information
- Calculating Heating and Cooling Loads
- HVAC Systems
- Creating an HVAC System
- Generating Layouts
- Piping Systems
- Creating System Piping
- Plumbing Systems
- Creating Plumbing Systems
- Fire Protection Systems
- Creating Fire Protection Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Creating Electrical Circuits
- Generating Wires
- Working with Architects and Engineers
- Running an Interference Check
- Multiple Disciplines and Linked Files
- Detailing and Drafting
- Creating Callout Views
- Working with Detail Views
- Working with Drafting Views
- Annotations and Schedules
- Adding Tabs
- Adding Dimensions, Symbols, and Text
- Creating Legends
- Working with Schedules
- Construction Documentation
- Creating Sheets and Title Blocks
- Printing Sheets
Revit MEP Essentials Training Course pdf
The entire software portfolio is offered on a scheduled, private or customised basis at any of our dedicated training centres in seven locations across the UK.
Each of our training suites is laid out classroom style for a maximum of 6 delegates. This class size ensures that the pace of the course is not adversely affected, learning is maximised and there is enough individual time for everyone with the trainer. Each person will have their own PC with the appropriate course software installed and will be given a copy of any relevant course material.
Lunch and refreshments are provided throughout the course.
Training Centre locations:
I found your trainer to be very enthusiastic, knowledgeable and above all, an extremely calm and patient person.
I thought that I would take some time out to drop you a brief line and to thank you for sending such an excellent trainer. I found your trainer to be very enthusiastic, knowledgeable and above all, an extremely calm and patient person.
Our group from Trillium completed our three day essentials CAD training course with Cadline yesterday.
I did do some training in CAD when I was at University, but as a straggler then, I did not get the level of support and help I needed from the lecturer who took that course. Consequently, I found that using CAD was very daunting, a stressor and to be avoided at all costs.
Not now though !!
Your trainer is an excellent ambassador for Cadline. I would like him to have recognition for his calm, patient manner, his helpfulness and most of all, for giving me the nudge I needed to overcome my CAD fears...
Well done to you all and thank you once again.
Russell Bennett - Trillium