The primary objective of this course is to teach delegates best practice in creating in-place families, component families, and system families. The course will go through the complete process of each introducing the user to the fundamentals as well as some clever tips.
The delegate should have Revit experience in Revit Structure. It is recommended that delegates have a working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems.
I found your trainer to be very enthusiastic, knowledgeable and above all, an extremely calm and patient person.
I thought that I would take some time out to drop you a brief line and to thank you for sending such an excellent trainer. I found your trainer to be very enthusiastic, knowledgeable and above all, an extremely calm and patient person.
Our group from Trillium completed our three day essentials CAD training course with Cadline yesterday.
I did do some training in CAD when I was at University, but as a straggler then, I did not get the level of support and help I needed from the lecturer who took that course. Consequently, I found that using CAD was very daunting, a stressor and to be avoided at all costs.
Not now though !!
Your trainer is an excellent ambassador for Cadline. I would like him to have recognition for his calm, patient manner, his helpfulness and most of all, for giving me the nudge I needed to overcome my CAD fears...
Well done to you all and thank you once again.
Russell Bennett - Trillium
This course covers template creation, understanding what needs to be included, how to create re-usable Revit data, and how to store and reuse this. The course also outlines the system management that is required when working with Revit.
Note: We normally train on the latest version.
During the course delegates will cover:
- An overview of Component and System Families
- Introduction to creating System Families
- Creating in-place families
- Creating component families
- Introduction to Nested families
- Using customised profiles
- Introduction to solids and voids
- Working with Extrusion, Blend, and Sweep
- Working with reference planes and reference points
- Working with Shared Parameter
- Overview of Schedules and families
- Introduction to working with formulas
- Overview of Type Categories
- Working with Constraints
- Best Practices with naming conventions
- Working with Instance and type parameters
- Revit Family types
- Templates and catagorisation
- Reference Planes & Lines
- Shared Parameters
- Customising & Creating System Families
- Transferal of System Families between projects
- Materials and Fill patterns
- Lineweights and Linetypes
- Roof creation/customisation
- Roof by extrusion
- Beam Systems
- Columns and Beams
- Inplace Families
- Titlesheet Creation
- Wall sweeps/reveals and Floor slab edges
- Object Groupings
- Detail Components