The course is for new Autodesk Revit Structure users or other Autodesk software users who want to learn the essential elements of Autodesk Revit Structure.
No previous CAD experience is necessary. However, architectural design, drafting or engineering experience is highly recommended. It is recommended that delegates have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP or newer.
The primary objective of this course is to teach delegates the concepts of Building Information Modelling and introduce the tools for parametric design, analysis and documentation using Revit Structure.
This course offers both imperial and metric hands-on exercises representing real-world design scenarios.
This course covers the basics of Revit Structure from schematic design through construction documentation.
Note: We normally train on the latest version.
During the course delegates will cover:
- Building Information Modeling
- User Interface and Common Tools
- Viewing the Building Model
- Working with Building Elements
- Starting a Project
- Working with Levels
- Working with Grids and Structural Columns
- Working with Structural Walls
- Creating Sections, Elevations and Callouts
- Floor Framing
- Working with Roofs and Structural Steel Frames
- Working with Sloped Beams and Floor Decks
- Working with Foundations, Slabs, Footings and Ground Beams
- Working with Slabs
- Creating Stairs, Ramps and Elevator/Lift Pits
- Introduction to the Analytical Model
- Working with Tags and Legends
- Working with Dimensions, Text, and Symbols
- Working with Schedules
- Working with Structural Wall Sections and Details
- Importing Typical DWG Details
- Working with Reinforced Concrete and Steel Details
- Working with Sheets
- Working with 3D Views
- Publishing Sheets
- Exporting Content
Revit Structure Essentials Training Course pdf
The entire software portfolio is offered on a scheduled, private or customised basis at any of our dedicated training centres in seven locations across the UK.
Each of our training suites is laid out classroom style for a maximum of 6 delegates. This class size ensures that the pace of the course is not adversely affected, learning is maximised and there is enough individual time for everyone with the trainer. Each person will have their own PC with the appropriate course software installed and will be given a copy of any relevant course material.
Lunch and refreshments are provided throughout the course.
Training Centre locations:
I found this course informative and well put together.
Although I have used Revit previously, a few years ago, I found this course informative and well put together. The tutor was very knowledgeable and showed us workflows which will improve our design process.
Ben Hobson - Ideal Building Systems