Tas is an industry-leading building modeling and simulation tool. Capable of performing dynamic thermal simulation for the world's largest and most complex buildings, Tas allows designers to accurately predict energy consumption, CO2 emissions, operating costs and occupant comfort.
Delegates will be required to complete some of the training exercises in their own time and submit files prior to attending the course.
Further details will be provided when we receive a booking request.
During the course delegates will cover:
- Modelling a building in the Tas 3D Modeller, using 2D DXF/DWG files as a guide.
- Importing a model using the 3D gbXML format and making changes to an existing design.
- Editing a model to make revisions to an existing design.
- The use of windows, doors, rooflights and complex shading devices.
- Using the UK Building Regulations studio to complete a Part L2 and EPC assessment.
- Controlling apertures based on combinations of temperature, pollutant and wind speed.
- Creating new materials and constructions and applying these to surfaces in the model.
- Databases and the re-use of information across multiple projects.
- Generating reports on annual loads, peak loads, overheating analysis and BB101 compliance.
- Detailed Post-simulation analysis, right down to data on individual zones and/or surfaces.
Tas Engineering Essentials Training Course pdf
The Tas training is based from EDSL's training centre.
13-14 Cofferidge Close
Tel. +44 (0)1908 261461
Lunch and refreshments are provided throughout the course.
Learnt a lot of new tricks and skills in a programme I thought I knew.
Really learnt a lot of new tricks and skills in a programme I thought I knew. Friendly and great information. Really useful tips and will be telling all to come and learn
Jonathan MacDonald - Heyne Tillett Steel
Learned so much from this course. John has been very helpful and a great teacher
Andrew Gorton - AC Ventilation Ltd