Our training task group has been working hard on optimising our current training courses for remote delivery. The technology that we use to deliver these courses has been specifically designed to ensure that the learning experience is just as effective as if you are in one of our training centres. The same experienced instructors that deliver our classroom courses deliver our virtual ones too. We limit the number of attendees to eight so that each one receives the right amount of individual support and attention. We are even able to observe how each attendee is progressing with the exercises we set them and steer them in the right direction when they need our help.
What do you get?
- An instructor led training course, delivered across the web, packed with interactive demonstrations, hands-on exercises and plenty of time to ask questions.
- 3 months post course technical support.
You just need an internet connection and a web browser to connect to our online classrooms. Our remote learning environment is all set up and ready to go.
No previous CAD experience is necessary. However, drafting, design or engineering experience would be an advantage.
It is also recommended that delegates have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
The primary objective of this course is to teach users the basic commands necessary for professional 2D drawing, design and drafting using AutoCAD / AutoCAD LT.
After completing this course users will be able to:
- Navigate the AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT user interfaces
- Use the fundamental features of AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT
- Use the precision drafting tools in AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT to develop accurate technical drawings
- Present drawings in a detailed and visually impressive way [product-detail-end]
In this course users learn the features, commands, and techniques for creating, editing, and printing drawings with AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT. Using hands-on exercises, users explore how to create 2D production drawings. Note: We normally train on the latest version. During the course delegates will cover:
- Navigating the Working Environment
- Working with Files
- Displaying Objects
- Inputting Data
- Creating Basic Objects
- Using Object Snaps
- Using Polar Tracking and PolarSnap™
- Using Object Snap Tracking
- Working with Units
- Selecting Objects in the Drawing
- Changing an Object’s Position
- Creating New Objects from Existing Objects
- Changing the Angle of an Object’s Position
- Creating a Mirror Image of Existing Objects
- Creating Object Patterns
- Changing an Object’s Size
- Using Layers
- Changing Object Properties
- Matching Object Properties
- Using the Properties Palette
- Using Linetypes
- Using Inquiry Commands
- Trimming and Extending Objects to Defined Boundaries
- Creating Parallel and Offset Geometry
- Joining Objects
- Breaking an Object into Two Objects
- Applying a Radius Corner to Two Objects
- Creating an Angled Corner Between Two Objects
- Changing Part of an Object’s Shape
- Using Layouts
- Using Viewports
- Creating Multiline Text
- Creating Single Line Text
- Using Text Styles
- Editing Text
- Creating Dimensions
- Using Dimension Styles
- Editing Dimensions
- Using Multileaders
- Hatching Objects
- Editing Hatch Objects
- Using Blocks
- Working with DesignCenter™
- Using Tool Palettes
- Working with Polylines
- Creating Splines
- Creating Ellipses
- Using Tables
- Using Page Setups
- Plotting Drawings
- Using Drawing Templates
AutoCAD & AutoCAD LT Essentials Training Course pdf
Training Centre locations:
[alumnis-section][alumni]I Was really impressed with how this course was delivered remotely, the tutor was very clear with his instructions and delivered at a good pace to allow everyone to take onboard the information. We have another 1-day course on the back of this and we are looking forward to this as a team.
Nicholas Sesevic - Mobile Mini [alumni-end][alumni]
Brilliant course for beginners
Brilliant course for beginners. The Trainer was excellent and very patient. Highly recommended. Will be back for a second course.
Daniel McQuaid - Taylor Maxwell