Our training task group has been working hard on optimising our current training courses for remote delivery. The technology that we use to deliver these courses has been specifically designed to ensure that the learning experience is just as effective as if you are in one of our training centres. The same experienced instructors that deliver our classroom courses deliver our virtual ones too. We limit the number of attendees to eight so that each one receives the right amount of individual support and attention. We are even able to observe how each attendee is progressing with the exercises we set them and steer them in the right direction when they need our help.
What do you get?
- An instructor led training course, delivered across the web, packed with interactive demonstrations, hands-on exercises and plenty of time to ask questions.
- 3 months post course technical support.
You just need an internet connection and a web browser to connect to our online classrooms. Our remote learning environment is all set up and ready to go.
No previous CAD experience is necessary. However, it is recommended that students have a working knowledge of the following:
- MEP engineering principles.
- Microsoft Windows.
The primary objective of this course is to teach delegates the concepts of building information modelling and introduce the tools for parametric engineering design and documentation using Revit MEP.
This course covers the basics of building information modelling and the tools for parametric MEP systems design and documentation. Delegates will learn the fundamental features of Revit MEP, and then progress through schematic design, system analysis and construction documentation before finishing with design visualisation.
Note: We normally train on the latest version.
During the course delegates will cover:
- Building Information Modelling
- Revit MEP Basics
- Exploring the User Interface
- Working with Revit Elements and Families
- Viewing the Model
- Exploring Views
- Controlling Object Visibility
- Working with Section and Elevation Views
- Working with 3D Views
- Starting a New Project
- Setting Up a Project
- Setting Up View Templates
- Defining Discipline Settings
- Importing Typical DWG™ Details
- Linking a Revit Model
- Coordinating Linked Projects
- Defining Volumes
- Representing Volumes
- Creating Zones
- Building Performance Analysis
- Heating and Cooling Load Calculations
- Defining Heat and Cooling Information
- Calculating Heating and Cooling Loads
- HVAC Systems
- Creating an HVAC System
- Generating Layouts
- Piping Systems
- Creating System Piping
- Plumbing Systems
- Creating Plumbing Systems
- Fire Protection Systems
- Creating Fire Protection Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Creating Electrical Circuits
- Generating Wires
- Working with Architects and Engineers
- Running an Interference Check
- Multiple Disciplines and Linked Files
- Detailing and Drafting
- Creating Callout Views
- Working with Detail Views
- Working with Drafting Views
- Annotations and Schedules
- Adding Tabs
- Adding Dimensions, Symbols, and Text
- Creating Legends
- Working with Schedules
- Construction Documentation
- Creating Sheets and Title Blocks
- Printing Sheets
Revit MEP Essentials Training Course pdf
Training Centre locations:
I found your trainer to be very enthusiastic, knowledgeable and above all, an extremely calm and patient person.
I thought that I would take some time out to drop you a brief line and to thank you for sending such an excellent trainer. I found your trainer to be very enthusiastic, knowledgeable and above all, an extremely calm and patient person.
Our group from Trillium completed our three day essentials CAD training course with Cadline yesterday.
I did do some training in CAD when I was at University, but as a straggler then, I did not get the level of support and help I needed from the lecturer who took that course. Consequently, I found that using CAD was very daunting, a stressor and to be avoided at all costs.
Not now though !!
Your trainer is an excellent ambassador for Cadline. I would like him to have recognition for his calm, patient manner, his helpfulness and most of all, for giving me the nudge I needed to overcome my CAD fears...
Well done to you all and thank you once again.
Russell Bennett - Trillium
Was really impressed with how this course was delivered remotely, the tutor was very clear with his instructions and delivered at a good pace to allow everyone to take onboard the information. We have another 1-day course on the back of this and we are looking forward to this as a team.
Nicholas Sesevic - Mobile Mini